Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yummy Mummy Dinner

Tonight we enjoyed a spooky Halloween dinner.
Mummy Meatloaf-Make your favorite meatloaf and shape into a mummy. When it is finished cooking lay strips of a white cheese (we use Monterey Jack) on it to look like bandages. Add two eyes, I like olives. Then place in the oven for ONE minute...seriously set your alarm! I let mine go and the bandages lost their look.



Ghostly Mashed Potatoes:
Make mashed potatoes. Place said potatoes in a ziplic bag and snip off the corner. Pipe out so they some what resemble ghosts. Now they need eyes and mouths. I used chives (pain in the rear) for the eyes and scallions for the mouths (they worked out really well) More detailed directions for the potatoes and meatloaf can be found here (which is turning out to be one of my favorite sites btw!)


Pumpkin pie pop tarts. Directions can be found here. I would recommend adding some pumpkin pie spice to it but otherwise they were pretty good.

Enjoy!

No comments: