Sunday, October 10, 2010
Preschool Plan
I have been a teacher for the past eight years. So it seemed like a natural fit for me to home school my preschooler. I did some research online for ideas and curriculum. The first few weeks I was completely wishy washy with it, I would make a plan but hardly follow through. Then lightning struck! (don't you love it when that happens) I reorganized my supplies on a book shelf and in drawers so they were easily accessible. At night I put together the activities that I had planned for the next day and put them all in a bucket. During the day Princess just chooses an activity out of her bucket. She can do what she wants first, take breaks, and repeat activities. As long as we finish the bucket by the end of the day. I usually put about six activities: an ABC activity, books and other literacy activity, counting, another math activity (shapes, patterns, sorting, size), fine motor skills, art or cooking. We are getting more accomplished with a lot less stress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment