Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday: Movies



Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth



This week's theme was movies. I wrestled around with a lot of different ideas but after finding a donkey cookie cutter I settled on Shrek.

top row: onion, pickles (just because they are green and I needed something to fill that spot), the swamp

bottom row: Donkey, Shrek, the Gingerbread man



"Ogres are like onions, they have layers."-Shrek I didn't think that my kids would appreciate it too much if I gave them an onion to eat so I tried to make a pear look like an onion. It turned out better than I thought. Princess didn't eat hers so after oxidizing in the fridge for a couple of hours it REALLY looked like an onion. But here it is pre-oxidation. (is that even a word?)

The swamp is pastachio pudding with fish sprinkles and gummi worms.

Donkey is made out of bologna and toast. Extra pieces of toast were used for the details with mustard as the glue.

I got the idea of how to make Shrek here. I peeled a kiwi then used fruit leather and chocolate chips for the details. My kids, who were never big fans of kiwis, ate it all up!



Finally I went for the easy character, the gingerbread man. Princess commented that he was missing his smile and unfortunately I didn't have any gumdrops for his buttons. But I couldn't resist pulling his legs off. "Run run as fast as you can you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man."

Click here to see more movie inspired muffin tins.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Great tin!!

Michelle, Muffin Tin Mom said...

fantastic job! I love how you made the shrek. Doesn't Another Lunch have great ideas? thank you so much for joining in on the fun!

Colleen said...

This is a GREAT tin!

Ludicrous Mama said...

Oh, and I totally thought it was an onion until you said something!

Ludicrous Mama said...

Love it! My daughter loves Shrek - because of Gingy! When I first started using cookie cutters on her food, all I had was a pack of mini Christmas ones, but it was May! So I decided it could just be a person. She LOVED her 'man cheese' (in hindsight, I should have named it, instead of letting her come up with one!) Then she saw the Gingy Happy Meal toy and went berserk for it. I had wanted to do a Shrek theme, but couldn't think of a way to do it! Great job!
FYI: To stave off browning on the pear (and apples) spray, baste or put in a sealed container and slosh around in apple or lemon juice. (Apple is tastier.) The Vitamin C prevents oxidization.

kris in larryville said...

I need to do that with kiwi so my girls will try them. Thanks for the idea!

littlewondersdays said...

Cute tin! Your shrek is great.

Tima said...

That's fabulous!

Melissa said...

Oh gosh, that is so cute!! I love your "onion" and swamp - so clever! :)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love your tribute to Shrek! The donkey and Shrek are so cool. I would have been tempted to help the gingerbread man off with his legs too.

~LKB said...

Very cute! I love your Shrek and the onion is awesome! Great job!