Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4th of July

The Saturday before the 4th we went to a parade, it technically wasn't a 4th of July parade, but who cares.  It got hot....really hot, but the kids got lots of candy so they didn't care.  Logan kept running off to pout if he missed a piece of candy but I think he was just taking a break in the shade.  Towards the end we saw Spiderman.  Spiderman looked right at Logan, and he had the biggest smile I have ever seen.

The morning of the 4th we decorated our yard with stars.  We just used a stencil and some flour.  The kids had a lot of fun, I think we will continue this tradition.

Sorry for the extreme number of pictures but I had a little too much fun with my new fancy camera. :)  I got the kids some flag glow sticks from the dollar store.  They had more fun with those than the actual fireworks!


We also set off some of our own fireworks and Mackenzie go to hold her first sparkler.  At first she was scared but then she kept asking for more.

Then was the real show.  The kids could have cared less.  They barely even watched them.  Oh well.
Happy 4th!!

No comments: