We began Easter by going to church. We took some pictures out front just like we did last year. We didn't get any family shots though, Robert was working nights so he was sleeping after a hard night's work.
I took the kids lunch (string cheese, pickles, ham, grapes, and a treat) and hid it inside plastic eggs. They each got their own egg carton of food. They had to open the egg to get what was inside. I've never seen them so excited for string cheese, and they were so excited they ate everything right away. Mackenzie got lucky and found his treat early on. Logan didn't find hers until the end.
After nap and after Daddy woke up we looked outside to find that the Easter bunny had visited us. I like to torture them and make them stand for pictures while staring at the yard full of treats. :)
Mackenzie's piggy bank had been broken for awhile. When she found this one in the yard she yelled, "How did the Easter bunny know!?!?"
I had the week after Easter off this year so we didn't get around to dyeing eggs until then. Logan's eggs were all superhero eggs. He would had Robert an egg and tell him the hero, Robert would attempt to draw their symbol (it's hard to make a Hulk egg), then Logan would plop it in whatever color. Mackenzie made a lot of pink ones. She drew on her eggs all by herself. Then I showed her how to make purple eggs and a lot of pink became a lot of pink and purple.


No comments:
Post a Comment