Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Logan Alexander

Friday we were scheduled to be induced and were supposed to be at the hospital at 7 am (ouch). We took Mackenzie to Kelly's (daycare) and planned on her spending the day and the night. She is already to go in her last picture as an only child. I think it is one of the cutest pictures of her, and she has no idea her life is about to change! After getting settled into our room they started an IV to begin contractions. and they did! Contractions were strong and coming every 2-3 minutes. I got an epidural at about 10 am. I loved this epidural, I still had motion in my legs and feet and could still feel a pressure when I was having a contraction but no pain. With Mackenzie I was completely numb which made rolling over difficult. We were progressing fine and my body reacted really well to the IV and the nurse only had to up it a couple of times. I was dialated to 10 cm at around 5 but the baby was still pretty high up so we just rested before we started pushing. At about 6:30 we started pushing and did that for about an hour. The doctor came in and felt while I pushed. Logan's head would go down to a certain point, then stop, then my cervix would start to move foward. This could lead to a disaster so he decided it was time to do a c-section. There is nothing more we could have done to make a vaginal birth a success, my body was just not made to do it. and if we have any more children I am going to schedule the c-section. Robert got suited up. (this was actually taken after but we can pretend)
They moved me into surgery, I was glad again that I could move my legs still because I changed beds about three times before surgery. And Logan was born at 8:38. He weight 10lbs even. All the nurses and doctors said he was big but to me he is small.


The nurses at this hospital took this picture, this is the picture I am missing from Mackenzie's birth. Overall I am much happier with this hospital and the doctor I had this time around.



















I was in recovery for a long time!! Normally the baby would have stayed in recovery with me but Logan was grunting so they took him to the nursery to check his lungs. I regained feeling in my legs pretty quickly and the medicine was starting to relieve my pain. I should have slept but I was too anxious to see him. He was fine and he was impatient to see me too.







Mackenzie came the next day, Saturday, bringing a balloon for Logan and donuts for us (even though she stole my chocolate cake donut). She walked in said "baby" then saw my banana from breakfast and said "NANA!" Yup more excited for a banana than her baby brother. She looked him over pointed to his eyes, nose, hat, hair, over and over(we are going to have to work on being gentle). She got excited when his arm got loose and shouted ARM. We tried to get her to give him a kiss and she hasn't yet.






We were released from the hospital Sunday evening, it felt short but I was ready to go home. Mackenzie stayed the night again at Kelly's and came home on Monday. She is better about not poking out his eye and gives him hugs too. She is being helpful by bringing over whatever she thinks the baby needs. I can see though that she is acting up a little so I will have to make sure she gets some one on one mommy time. I feel a little helpless since I can't lift her or chase her or even cuddle with her right now. Robert has been wonderful. Not only is he taking care of Mackenzie, he is taking care of me, keeping the house clean, making sure appointments get made etc. He is so proud and loves to sit and hold our son whenever he can. I couldn't ask for a better family.













1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

Hey! I love this last little picture of him in his carseat. SOooo sweet.
-Kaitlyn